Born 1966 in Weimar. Member of the "Ensemble for intuitive music Weimar" since 1982. He studied composition of electronic music at the college of music Dresden and had since 1989 the opportunity to participate in several concert cycles of Karlheinz Stockhausen to learn the art of the sound direction. He further studied 1991/92 Sonology and electroacoustic composition at the royal conservatoire in the Hague (Holland).
1994 followed a one year’s study stay at IRCAM in Paris. He taught 1995/96 as a guest professor electroacoustic composition in Weimar. 1996 he participated in composition workshops with Klaus Huber and Brian Ferneyhough. 1997-2001 he taught electroacoustic composition at IRCAM in Paris and from 2001 to 2004 at the conservatory of Montbéliard.
In May 2003 he completed a doctorate (PhD) with Professor Dr. Jonty Harrison at the University of Birmingham. During the spring term 2003 he was the "Edgar Varèse Gast Professor" at the TU Berlin.
Since September 2004 Hans Tutschku has been working as composition professor and director of the electroacoustic studios at Harvard University (Cambridge, USA).
He is the winner of many international composition competitions, among other: Bourges, CIMESP Sao Paulo, Hanns Eisler price, Prix Ars Electronica, Prix Noroit and Prix Musica Nova. In 2005 he received the culture prize of the city of Weimar.
- CIMESP 14th international Electroacoustic Music Contest of Sao Paulo
- Musik in Deutschland 1950-2000 , Deutscher Musikrat
- Migration - Arizona University Recordings LLC, AUR CD 3134 2007
- "Für Kommende Zeiten" - Ensemble für Intuitive Musik Weimar plays Karlheinz Stockhausen
- DVD - 50 Years TU Studio Berlin
- Klangreise - Ensemble für Intuitive Musik Weimar (EFIM) 2004
- Computer Music Journal - Volume 27, 2003
- 15.+16. Tage Dresdner Tage Zeitgenössischer Musik
- Compendium International - IMEB Bourges 2000
- Presence II - Productions électro Productions (PeP) 2000
- MOMENT - empreintes DIGITALes 2000
- eXcitations - empreintes DIGITALes 2000
- Prix Ars Electronica Linz - 1998
- Ausbruch Aufbruch - DegeM-CD04 1998
- Prix International Noroit - Léonce Petitot 1998
- electroNIquE, CD for the opening of the electronic studios at the University Singapore
- CIMESP Sao Paulo - 1995
- Ausbruch der Klänge - Ensemble für Intuitive Musik Weimar in Mexico City 1994
- Stimmen...Klänge - DegeM-CD01 1994